In the wake of the Holland area’s No. 2 national ranking in the Gallup-Healthways’ Well-Being Index, The Holland Sentinel is printing readers’ reflections on why they’re happy to live in Holland. Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com (put “happy” in the subject line) or mailed to Sentinel Newsroom, 54 W. Eighth St., Holland, MI 49423.
What makes me happy about Holland:
1. Max bus transportation for the handicapped.
2. Sidewalks and paths for casual biking.
3. Kollen Park, Window on Waterfront, Windmill Island, Sanctuary Woods, the path to the lighthouse, Laketown Township Steps, Saugatuck Dunes State Park, Mount Piscah
4. Herrick District Library Sunday concerts, computer classes, bookstore, DVDs
5. Tulip Time flowers.
6. Farmers Market
7. Max Transportation handicapped bus drivers.
8. Hope College women’s basketball
9. Street performers on summer Thursdays downtown
10. Dutch Village
11. $1.25 kiddie cone at Holland State Park
12. Local theater
13. Variety of events at Hope College available to public
14. Lake Michigan beaches
15. Evergreen Commons fitness staff.
16. Local Happenings on Channel 24
17. Evergreen Commons coffee shop
18. Fireworks at Kollen Park.
— Norma Noordijk, Holland
For more information on purchasing a home in Holland, Michigan visit the Andrea Crossman Group.